Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Great weekend with friends!

This past weekend was exceptionally more fun than many of my previous weekends.  First off, I had to work early in the morning DOWNGRADING my Microsoft SQL Server 2005 from Enterprise to Standard on my production server.  Whoot!  How awesome is that?? Fortunately it only took 4 HOURS.

Second, my 11 year old decided to visit me because he didn't want to walk around Little Five Points in Atlanta.  Smart kid.  I had to ask my girlfriend to pick him up from his mom's house though since I was still at WORK!  Fortunately, she is very nice and snagged him on her way home.

Finally, Saturday night we attended game night at my friend Anna's house.  Anna throws a bang-up party even though she is a hillbilly.  I was tasked with bringing the burger's and tater salad.  The burgers were a huge hit to their palates.  Interesting how hillbilly's can have a taste for anything other than possum meat but alas, they are beginning to move into the social midstream of humanity.

I have provided the recipe's below for the stuffed burgers if you are interested in tasting the burgers.  Anna's cousin even said the burgers were better than The Vortex in Atlanta.  Now that is a compliment.

 Feta & Sun-dried Tomato Stuffed Burger

 1 lb. Ground Beef or Chuck (your call on fat content)
6 oz. Feta Cheese (crumbled)
6-8 Sun-dried Tomatoes (get the ones that are packed in oil)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix cheese and tomatoes together in small bowl.  Form a patty that is half the size you want the final burger to be and add some of the cheese mixture.  Cover with the same amount of meat to form a burger.  Cook.  Enjoy.  Makes about 4 if your burgers aren't HUGE.

Bacon, Caramelized Onions & Pepper Jack Cheese Stuffed Burger

1 lb. Ground Beef or Chuck (your call on fat content)
6-8 slices of Bacon (diced)
8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese (or your favorite cheese) shredded
1 Yellow or Red onion (sliced thinly into rings)
Salt & Pepper to taste

Fry bacon in a pan until crispy.  Move off to a paper towel to drain.  Reserve some of the bacon grease to saute and caramelize the onions.  Let everything cool and then mix together in a bowl the bacon, cheese and onion.   Form a patty that is half the size you want the final burger to be and add some of the cheese mixture.  Cover with the same amount of meat to form a burger.  Cook.  Enjoy.  Makes about 4 if your burgers aren't HUGE.
That's about it.  I hope you enjoy the burgers.

Brutus